Bomb Syria says associate of president of Palestinian charity MAP
by Stephen Hewitt, 31 January 2015
The president of the UK registered charity (number 1045315) "Medical Aid for Palestinians" (MAP) has an associate in another organisation who advocates bombing Syria.
The MAP president - one Baroness Morris of Bolton - has a parliamentary web page that lists "Chairman, Conservative Middle East Council" as a "non financial interest".
This means she is chairman of an organisation (CMEC) whose website today rather prominently displays a link to the "CMEC President's Statement on Airstrikes in Syria", dated September 2014 which starts like this:
The US led airstrikes in Syria are a vital step in the fight against ISIS and the involvement of the Arab states - Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Jordan and Qatar - will be vital. I also welcome the news that Saudi Arabia has agreed to host a US led training program for moderate Syrian rebels.
- Refugees in Athens, Cambridge man raising funds to teach EnglishSunday 27 August 2017
- Refugees in Athens, fundraising to teach skateboardingWednesday 15 February 2017
- “Don't bomb Syria” demonstration in Whitehall13 April 2018, Whitehall/Downing Street, London
- A television documentary on RAF bombing of civilians in 1920s and 1930s"Birds of Death", Director George Case, a Wall to Wall television production for Channel 4, 1992
- Are "cluster bombs" aerially-deployed landmines?by Stephen Hewitt 9 October 2006
- External Articles > Aerial bombing of civiliansAn index of external articles