Proportions of fuels used in UK electricity generation 2011-2012 reported by suppliers
by Stephen Hewitt
The proportions of fuels used in UK electricity generation for the year ending March 2012 have been reported by domestic electricity suppliers in glossy leaflets enclosed with bills.
The photograph shows leaflets sent by E.on to consumers in Cambridge and by npower to consumers in Birmingham.
According to these figures around 30% of electricity was generated from coal.
- Arthur Scargill, former miners' union president, speaking in 2006 6 May 2006, Handsworth, Birmingham
- Photo of a Cambridge bus on bio fuel Wednesday 20 February 2013
- Independent article: Gulf threat ‘is earning billions for Britain’ Leonard Doyle, Independent, 22 October 1990, page 1
- gregpalast.com article: It's STILL The Oil Secret Condi Meeting on Oil Before Invasion Greg Palast, gregpalast.com, 18 March 2007
- RWER Blog article: Still in the danger zone Shimshon Bichler and Jonathan Nitzan, RWER Blog, 17 January 2020